Wednesday, March 6, 2013

It's only 5 minutes of your life

Yes. True, it's only 5 minutes.


Only 5 minutes of my life, but it's what you do in those 5 minutes that matter most.

Self-counted attempt #1- 21 laps

Actual real-deal coach counting for credit attempt #1- 23.5 laps, a couple months after first self counted attempt.

This Thursday, 5pm- official attempt #2- time to "Get 'er done!" I'm gonna make this track my bitch!

For those wondering what I'm talking about, well, yes, you guessed it...roller derby!

One of our minimum skills is to be able to skate 25 laps in 5 mins, which is soon to be upped to 27 laps in 5 mins.  I don't want to wait anymore, the more I try now the quicker I'll beat both goals!

Self talk in head- only positive.

Determination- push harder each lap. NO COASTING THE CORNERS!

Songs of choice- Limp Bizkit, please!

My goal is to get this accomplished on Thursday, no later. I will use it as a tool to help myself further in my derby career and others who need it as well, regardless of the outcome.

I am a slow pace getting faster.
I see the goal ahead, I do not let up.
I am a slow pace getting faster.
I feel the wind rush past my face and I want more.
I am a slow pace getting faster.
I hear the cheers from afar and it drives me.
I am a slow pace getting faster.
I turn my thoughts to positive ones and leave no room for the others.
I am a slow pace getting faster.
I get low, continually crossing over, never ceasing.
I am a slow pace getting faster.
I push myself to the limits and see the success in hand.
I am a slow pace getting faster.
I will not give up, this feels too good.
I am a slow pace getting faster.




No comments:

Post a Comment